Plan ahead when making this, as it needs to refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless
chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas or taco shells,
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first
8 ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover and refrigerate 8 hours
or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or
until juices run clear.
- Cut into thin strips; serve in tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with flour tortillas and without
salt; calculated without toppings) equals: 338 calories, 289 mg sodium, 63 mg cholesterol,
28 gm carbohydrate, 27 gm protein, 12 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes