- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound skinless,
boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crush the cornflakes between two sheets of wax paper. Mix the crushed cornflakes
with the thyme and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Brush the chicken
with the melted margarine.
- Sprinkle the cornflakes on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover the baking pan with a lid or a large sheet of foil tucked under the sides
of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil, then bake, uncovered, for
another 30 minutes.
Calories: 202 Protein: 26 g Sodium: 173 mg Cholesterol: 73 mg Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates:
6 g Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 3 Lean Meat
Source: How to Cook for People with Diabetes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes