Guiltless Turkey Gravy
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups turkey stock and defatted pan juices*
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Whatever you lack in pan juices, make up for in stock.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring stock and pan juices to a boil.
- Meanwhile, blend the cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisking constantly,
slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling pan juices, continuing to stir
until gravy has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For variation, stir in one or more of the following to cooked gravy: coarsely
chopped, cooked turkey giblets, 1/3 cup sherry, 1/2 pound sauté ed thinly sliced
Source: National Turkey Federation
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes