Herbed Chicken Piccata
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic mined
- 16 ounces boned
and skinned chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 8 thin slices lemon
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch
thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Lightly coat both sides of chicken
with cooking spray; dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high
heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from
skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add lemon slices to skillet; sauté 30 seconds. Add
broth, parsley, and lemon juice; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 199 Calories; 3g Fat (12% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 28g
Carbohydrate; 66mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fruit
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes