- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray; cook chicken for 5 to
6 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, bring tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and
garlic powder to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to tomato mixture. Return to a boil; cook and
stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken over spaghetti topped with tomato sauce.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
and calculated without spaghetti) equals: 177 calories , 178 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol,
7 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 3 gm fat
Diabetic Exchange: 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetables