Lemon Chicken and Rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a skillet, cook the first 4 ingredients in butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until
chicken is no longer pink.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and
salt if desired until smooth. Add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add rice and peas.
- Remove from
the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and
low sodium chicken broth and w/o salt) equals: 235 calories, 156 mg sodium, 43 mg
cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 20 gm protein, 5 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 1/2 starch. 1 vegetable
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes