Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
Colorful Asian dish with 26% fewer calories than a traditional stir-fry chicken
recipe thanks to Equal and lots of veggies. Serve over rice for a satisfying entree.
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons apple juice or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube, crushed or 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Blend all ingredients in small bowl until smooth.
Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cut up fresh vegetables, such as green onions, fresh mushrooms, carrots, red pepper, broccoli florets, snow peas and celery
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Lemon Sauce: Combine vegetable stock, lemon juice, cornstarch, apple juice,
soy sauce, chili sauce and chicken-flavored bouillon cube in small bowl until smooth.
- Chicken and Vegetables: Heat oil in wok or frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken and garlic
until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add vegetables. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Return chicken to pan; add Lemon Sauce until sauce is thickened and bubbling.
Stir in Equal.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 243 calories; 28 grams protein; 12 grams
carbohydrate; 2 grams sugar; 9 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 66 milligrams cholesterol;
308 milligrams sodium; 2 grams fiber
Food exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes