- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked
no-yolk medium egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt added stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 low-sodium
beef bouillon cube
- In a large saucepan or skillet, cook meat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion,
celery and green pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, if desired, basil and pepper.
- Stir in noodles, beans,
tomatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef,
no-yolk egg noodles, no salt-added tomatoes, and low-sodium bouillon and without
salt) equals: 282 calories, 91 mg sodium, 29 mg cholesterol, 39 gm carbohydrate,
19 gm protein, 5 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes