Oven Swiss Steak
- 1 (2 pound) boneless round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces. Place in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking
dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Top with onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce.
- Cover and bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles.
Nutritional Analysis: one serving (Calculated w/o noodles) equals 209 calories,
112 mg sodium, 68 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 10 gm fat.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes