Roasted Chicken with Sage Dressing
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) roasting chicken
- Melted butter or margarine (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, onion, parsley, sage and the egg. Add enough
broth until stuffing is moistened and holds together. Stuff loosely into chicken.
Fasten with skewers to close. Place with breast side up on a shallow rack in roasting
pan. Brush with butter if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 1 3/4 to
2 1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Baste several times with pan juices or butter.
- Prepare gravy if desired.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with egg substitute and low-sodium
chicken broth, without butter or margarine, and skin removed after baking) equals
4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable
359 calories, 128 mg sodium, 85 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 42 gm
protein, 8 gm fat
Source: Taste of Home Magazine - December/January 1994
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes