Sage Pot Roast
- 1 (5 pound) lean boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons
rubbed dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut in half
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on both sides in oil. Season with sage, salt and
pepper. Add beef broth.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until the meat
is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into pan juices. Cook until thickened and
bubbly. Serve with the roast.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium beef broth and
without added salt) equals 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
301 calories, 59 mg sodium, 82 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 27 gm
protein, 14 gm fat
Source: Taste of Home Magazine - December/January 1994
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes