- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 4 medium-size red boiling potatoes, peeled and cut
into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large carrots, scraped and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium-size green pepper, cut into
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole basil
- Cook ground chuck in a large ovenproof skillet with lid over medium heat until
meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and pat meat dry with paper towels.
Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Return ground chuck to skillet, and layer potatoes, carrots, onion, green pepper
and tomatoes over top. Sprinkle with pepper and basil.
- Cover with ovenproof lid, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Source: All New Cookbook for Diabetics and Their Families - University
of Alabama at Birmingham
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.