Southern Style Mustard
BBQ Chicken Kabobs
Kabobs of chicken, squash, mushrooms and peppers brushed with a tangy, slightly
sweet sauce as they cook. They can be grilled outside or broiled in your oven.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon maple
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons stick butter
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut crosswise into 1-inch cubes
- 12 medium
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken and vegetables, in medium saucepan. Cook
over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is hot and butter is melted.
- Assemble chicken cubes and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill over medium heat 10 to
15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally and basting
generously with sauce.
- Heat remaining sauce to serve with kabobs.
* Kabobs can also be broiled. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 10 to
12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning
occasionally and basting with sauce.
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information: per serving Calories 285 Protein 30 g Carbohydrates
27 g Fat 8 g Cholesterol 66 mg Sodium 999 mg
Food Exchange: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reprinted with permission from