Spicy Szechwan Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced, drained, canned
- 1/4 cup diced, drained green chilies
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted,
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated, peeled, fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Cut chicken into 2 x 1/2-inch strips. Place in large pie plate. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons
cornstarch over chicken and mix well to coat chicken. Add egg white and mix again.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch frying pan. Add chicken and bamboo shoots and stir-fry about
3 minutes (use a wooden spoon or wooden fork).
- Add chilies and peanuts; stir-fry
for 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except green onion in a separate bowl with
remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and add to the pan.
- Stir-fry and heat until sauce
is thick and smooth and mixture is well blended.
- Add green onion. Stir-fry for 30
seconds to warm onions.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings, 2/3 cup each.
Source: The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic by Mary Abbott Hess, RD,
MS and Katharine Middleton
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes