Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple
Pineapple and red and green bell peppers make a colorful sweet and sour sauce
for stir-fried pork.
Pork and Pineapple
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless center cut pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup instant flour, such as Wondra
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Sauce and Vegetables
- 2/3 cup reduced-sugar ketchup
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- Pork and Pineapple: Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour 1/4 cup of juice
into 1-gallon zipper-lock plastic bag. Reserve remaining juice.
- To the bag, add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pork. Press air out of bag, seal,
and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple juice.)
- After marinating pork, combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Remove pork from marinade to paper towels and pat dry. Reserve marinade. Add
pork to flour mixture and toss until well-coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large, deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add
half of pork and cook until browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil and pork. Remove cooked pork to a plate.
- Sauce and Vegetables: Add reserved marinade to pan and simmer over medium-high
heat 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ketchup, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame
oil, and remaining pineapple juice.
- Pour into pan and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, scraping pan bottom to loosen any browned
bits. Add onions and peppers and simmer 1 minute.
- Add pork and pineapple, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 4 to 6 minutes, or
until vegetables are crisp-tender, and sauce is slightly thickened.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 3 ounces prepared pork, 1/4 cup sauce
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6 Serving Size: 3 oz prepared pork,
1/4 cup sauce. Amount Per Serving Calories: 330 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat:
12g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 1040mg Total Carbs: 33g Dietary
Fiber: 2g Sugars: 25g Protein: 21g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Splenda
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes