- Vegetable cooking spray as needed
- 1 can refrigerated golden corn biscuits
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion (4 ounces), chopped
- 1 large garlic clove,
- 1 poblano or jalapeno pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with
- Open the biscuits can and place 3 uncooked biscuits in the bottom of the pie
plate. Evenly space the remaining 5 biscuits along the bottom and sides of the pie
plate. Using your fingers press the dough together to form a crust that completely
covers the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate to form a rim.
- Crumble the ground turkey into a large nonstick skillet and place over medium
heat. Cook, stirring, until turkey is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess
fat. Add onion, garlic, and chile pepper; continue to cook until onion is limp,
about 4 minutes.
- Stir in herbs, spices, salt (if using), and pepper. Add tomatoes
with their juice and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in shredded cheese and
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pie plate and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until
biscuit dough is cooked through and richly browned and the filling is set.
from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Place the lettuce in a serving bowl and combine the tomato and onion in another.
- Pass both bowls separately to serve alongside the taco pie.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 3 Carbohydrate (2 1/2 Bread/Starch
and 1 Vegetable)
Nutrition Facts: 370 calories (32% calories from fat), 22 g protein, 13 g
total fat (3.3 g saturated fat), 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 42 mg cholesterol,
668 mg sodium