- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 12 whole mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt; mix
well. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass
container; add beef and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover; refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours,
turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain meat; discard marinade. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meat,
mushrooms, green pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes; leaving 1/4 inch between each.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved
marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reaches
- Serve meat and vegetables over rice if desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated without rice) equals: 244 calories,
690 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 10 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean meat; 2 vegetables
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.