Turkey Bow Tie Skillet
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons
grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown turkey in oil.
- Add celery, onion, green
pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey and vegetables
with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until
- Reduce heat; stir in tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt
if desired and turkey mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutritional Analysis: One (1-cup) serving (prepared with low-sodium broth
and no-salt-added tomatoes and without garlic salt) equals: 208 calories, 128 sodium,
22 mg cholesterol, 30 gm carbohydrate, 15 gm protein, 3 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes