If you're looking for a great apple pie, here it is. Great texture and flavor,
plus a 28% calorie reduction from a traditional recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Equal
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith or other baking apples (about 8 medium)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1-inch larger than inverted
9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate.
- Combine cornstarch, Equal , cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sprinkle over apples in
large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange apples in pie crust.
- Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. Place over
apples. Seal edges, trim and flute. Cut a few slits in top of pastry to allow steam
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is
golden and apples are tender.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie, 8 servings.
Nutrition info per serving: 253 cal, 2g pro, 42g carb, 10g fat, 10mg chol,
Food exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes