Lemon paired with blueberries brings out the delicious flavor of this summer
fruit. Frozen unsweetened berries can be used in place of the fresh, so this pie
can be enjoyed all year long.
29% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie
- 6 cups fresh or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
* May substitute 27 packets Equal sweetener
- Toss blueberries and lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle with combined cornstarch
and Equal; toss to coat. (If frozen blueberries are used, let stand for 30 minutes.)
- Roll half of pastry on lightly floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than
inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate; trim within 1 inch of edge of
plate. Roll remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 10 to 12 strips, 1/2
- Pour blueberry mixture into pastry. Arrange pastry strips over filling and weave
into lattice design. Trim ends of lattice strips; fold edge of lower crust over
ends of lattice strips. Seal and flute edge.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven until pastry is browned and filling is bubbly,
55 to 60 minutes. Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool on wire rack; refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 266 cal., 3 g pro., 44 g carb., 10 g fat,
10 mg chol., 153 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 starch, 2 fat
Reprinted with permission from