Coconut Custard Pie
A baked custard pie with less calories because it's sweetened with Equal
and made with 2% milk. For added coconut flavor use the optional coconut extract.
35% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup Equal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch
pie plate. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edges. Pierce inside of crust
with tines of a fork.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden
- Cool on wire rack while preparing filling.
- Beat eggs until well combined. Whisk in milk, Equal, cornstarch and salt
until blended. Stir in coconut and extract. Pour egg mixture into baked pastry
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near
center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature or well chilled.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 194 cal., 6 g pro., 19 g carb., 11 g fat,
115 mg chol., 301 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 1/2 starch, 2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes