Country Peach Tart
Easier than a pie, but just as flavorful and appealing, you'll like this
quick to fix dessert filled with cinnamon and almond spiked peaches. Use a refrigerated
piecrust for added ease in preparation.
22% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 4 cups sliced pitted peeled fresh peaches
or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface to 12-inch circle; transfer to an ungreased baking
- Combine peaches, Equal, flour, cinnamon and almond extract; toss gently until
peaches are evenly coated with mixture.
- Arrange peach mixture on pastry, leaving 2-inch border around edge of pastry.
Bring pastry edge toward center, overlapping as necessary.
- Bake tart in preheated 425 degree F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden
brown and peaches are tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 161 cal., 2 g pro., 23 g carb., 7 g fat,
5 mg chol., 100 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat
Recipe and photo credit: