Nectarine and Berry Tart
A seasonal dessert with eye-appeal. Fresh blueberries, strawberries and nectarines
are enrobed in prepared pie pastry. This "bakery like" tart is easy to
make and tastes great.
35% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups sliced nectarines
- 1 cup raspberries
or slice strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, partially
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into 12-inch circle. Transfer to ungreased baking
- Toss nectarines and berries with lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle fruit with
combined cornstarch, Equal, lemon rind and allspice. Toss to coat.
- Arrange fruit mixture over pastry, leaving 2-inch border around edge of pastry.
Bring edge of pastry toward center, overlapping as necessary.
- Bake tart in preheated
425 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is tender.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 188 cal., 2 g pro., 29 g carb., 7 g fat,
5 mg chol., 101 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes