The traditional holiday recipe with 36% fewer calories thanks to Equal and fat-free
evaporated milk. No one will miss the extra fat or calories. Serve with light whipped
- Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 1 (15 ounce) canpumpkin
- 1 (12
ounce) can evaporated fat free milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
* May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch
pie plate. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge.
- Beat pumpkin, evaporated milk and eggs in medium bowl; beat in remaining ingredients.
Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes or
until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1/8 pie): 176 calories; 7g protein; 22g
carbohydrate; 9g sugar; 7g fat; 3g saturated fat; 88mg cholesterol; 236mg sodium;
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reprinted with permission from