Summer Fruit Tart
A colorful dessert that utilizes whatever fresh fruit you have on hand. The filling
is a combination of cream cheese and yogurt sweetened with Equal. An apricot glaze
finishes this creation!
36% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/3 cup vanilla flavored nonfat
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups
assorted sliced or whole fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, peeled sliced kiwi, whole
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface into 11-inch circle. Place into 10-inch
tart pan with removable bottom. Press pastry up side; trim excess. Pierce overall
with tines of a fork.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or
until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, Equal, yogurt and extracts until well mixed.
Spread evenly over bottom of cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture.
- Place spreadable fruit in microwave
- Microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Carefully drizzle
- Refrigerate tart for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 174 cal., 4 g pro., 20 g carb., 10 g fat,
17 mg chol., 156 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 fat