Sweet Potato Pie
Make this a new holiday favorite! Cooked sweet potatoes are combined with eggs,
Equal, spices and evaporated milk, then poured into a pie shell and baked. Serve
warm with fat-free whipped topping.
39% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (about
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12
ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on a lightly floured surface into a circle 1 inch larger than inverted
9-inch pan. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge.
- Mix sweet potatoes with electric mixer in large bowl until smooth. Stir in eggs,
Equal flour, lemon juice, vanilla, spices, salt and evaporated milk. Pour mixture
into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until
filling is set and sharp knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 197 cal., 7 g pro., 28 g carb., 6g fat,
58 mg chol., 316 mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes