Tart Cherry Pie
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pitted tart cherries (in water - no syrup)
- 1 large box cook &
serve sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 small box sugar-free cherry gelatin
- Sugar substitute to equal 4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Set cherries aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cherry juice and dry pudding mix. Cook and stir until
mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin
powder and sweetener until dissolved. Stir in the cherries; transfer to pie shell.
- Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.
8 servings, 176 calories each, 293 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate,
3 gm protein, 8 gm fat
Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit
Source: Taste of Home magazine