Broccoli and Bacon Salad
Tart and sweet salad with broccoli florets with crisp bacon, red onion, raisins
and pecans in a creamy dressing.
This version has 48% fewer calories than the original, but they won't be
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup light salad
dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Clean, trim and chop broccoli into a large bowl. Add onion, raisins and pecans.
- Mix together salad dressing, milk, vinegar and Equal ; stirring until smooth.
Pour dressing over salad; add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with bacon bits before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 153 cal., 3 g pro., 17 g carb., 9 g fat,
9 mg chol, 226 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.