Chicken Waldorf Salad
Colorful entree salad that makes great use of leftover chicken. Substitute your
favorite variety of apple for a flavor change.
52% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast*
- 2 cups chopped cored Red Delicious apples
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful**
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red leaf lettuce
- Chopped pecans (optional)
* Variation: Cubed, lean smoked ham can be substituted for chicken. Pineapple
chunks can be substituted for the grapes. Spoon salad into a hollowed-out pineapple
half to serve.
** May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine chicken, apples, celery, grapes and 1/4 cup pecans in bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise,
sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and Equal; stir into chicken mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salad onto lettuce-lined plates: sprinkle with additional chopped pecans,
Nutrition information per serving: 260 cal., 23 g pro., 24 g carb., 9 g fat,
57 mg chol., 426 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 1/2 fruit
Recipe and photo credit: Equal Sweetener
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes