Citrus Bean Salad
Colorful twist to traditional bean salad, oranges and carrots add flavor and
texture to this make ahead favorite.
16% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, sliced, membranes removed
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
(15 1/2 ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup tarragon white wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper,
- 12 lettuce leaves
* May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
- In a large non-metallic bowl, combine oranges, carrots, kidney beans and Great
Northern beans. Cover and chill.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except lettuce) in a medium bowl and stir well.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the dressing into the orange, carrot and bean mixture; add salt and pepper,
to taste. Let stand to blend flavors.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve over lettuce leaves on individual plates.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 171 cal., 9 g pro., 37 g carb., 1 g fat,
0 mg chol, 271 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 starch
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes