Traditional oil and vinegar style cole slaw with the addition of red and green
peppers. Use packaged shredded cabbage to make preparation even easier.
40% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1 small head cabbage (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento or red bell pepper
cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine cabbage, green pepper, onion and pimento in medium bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Toss dressing and vegetable mixture to
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Makes 12 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 49 cal., 1 g pro., 4 g carb., 4 g fat,
0 mg chol., 58 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat