Colorful Sauerkraut Salad
Colorful sweet/tangy oil and vinegar salad combining sauerkraut with celery,
onions, green pepper and diced pimiento. It is best when made 1 day in advance.
36% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 1 large can sauerkraut, drained
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (choice of color)
- 1/2 cup pimento, diced
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine first five ingredients.
- Mix oil, vinegar and Equal in a separate container. Pour over salad and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill overnight or place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Stir and return to freezer for an additional 20 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 103 cal., 1 g pro., 9 g carb., 7 g fat,
0 mg chol., 303 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
Recipe and photo credit: Equal Sweetener.