Confetti Rice Salad
A trendy chilled rice salad with cucumber, peas, corn, carrot and red bell pepper
to add texture and color to the cooked rice. The sweet/sour dressing enhances all
10% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
- 1 cup peeled seeded diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* May substitute 4 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Salad: Combine ingredients in large bowl.
- Dressing: Combine ingredients in small bowl. Gently toss dressing with salad to
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 160 cal., 3 g pro., 28 g carb., 4 g fat,
0 mg chol., 15 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes