Creamy Confetti Cole Slaw
Fat-free mayonnaise based dressing combines 3 colors of bell peppers, carrots,
onion and cabbage in a colorful tasty salad. Make the preparation easy by using
packaged shredded cabbage.
69% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup
chopped red onion
- 8 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful*
teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine vegetables and cheese in bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, Equal and celery
seed; stir into cabbage mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Tips: Packaged cole slaw vegetables can be used; use 6 cups vegetables and add
onion, cheese and mayonnaise dressing as above. Any desired flavor of reduced-fat
cheese can be substituted for Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition information per serving: 83 calories; 8 grams protein; 8 grams
carbohydrate; 3 grams sugar; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 7 milligrams cholesterol;
316 milligrams sodium; 2 grams fiber
Food exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes