Fruited Curry Chicken Salad
A colorful chicken salad combining red grapes, canned pineapple and celery in
a mayo based orange and curry flavored dressing. Toasted almonds garnish the salad.
25% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup
halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup well drained canned pineapple chunks
cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup Orange Curry Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup toasted
Orange Curry Mayonnaise
- 1 cup light or fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed*
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful**
- 2 to 3 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* Make remainder of concentrate into orange juice
** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 to 2 hours to
allow flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, sprinkle almonds over top of salad.
- Orange Curry Mayonnaise: Combine all ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk until blended.
covered, 1 to 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition information per serving: 228 cal., 16 g pro., 17 g carb., 11 g
fat, 43 mg chol., 211 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat