Garden Pasta Salad
Who can resist a creamy pasta and vegetable salad that has 31% less calories
than the traditional recipe. Use your favorite vegetables in place of those suggested
in the recipe if you like!
- 1 pound penne or medium pasta shells, cooked, drained, cooled
- 1 large yellow
or red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced
- 1/2 cup blanched sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 2 teaspoons drained
green peppercorns, crushed (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* May substitute 4 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine pasta, bell pepper, peas, green onions, snap peas and carrots in salad
- Blend mayonnaise vinegar, milk, parsley, Equal and peppercorns, if desired.
- Stir dressing into salad mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
covered, 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 196 calories, 7 g pro., 40 g carb., 1
g fat, 1 mg chol., 110 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 starch
Reprinted with permission from