Hearty Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or chicken
- 4 cups cooked
- 1 cup frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
In a bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
and chill for several hours before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4 cup serving (prepared with chicken, reduced-fat
cheese and nonfat sour cream and without salt) equals: 188 calories, 136 mg sodium,
49 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm protein, 9 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat