Oriental Chicken and Spinach Salad
An easy to make Oriental dressing adds flavor appeal to a colorful blend of spinach,
chicken, mandarin oranges and almonds. Use bagged spinach for added ease in preparation.
6% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
* May substitute 2 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dressing: Whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Salad: Gently toss all ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Add dressing, and toss to combine.
Yield: 6 servings (1 1/2 cups)
Nutrition information per serving: 227 calories; 16g protein; 9g carbohydrate;
15g fat 2g saturated fat; 36mg cholesterol; 179mg sodium; 2g fiber
Food exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes