Oriental Chicken and Spinach Salad
An easy to make Oriental dressing adds flavor appeal to a colorful blend of spinach,
chicken, mandarin oranges and almonds. Use bagged spinach for added ease in preparation.
6% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon
dark sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked
cubed chicken breast
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup
sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted
* May substitute 2 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Dressing: Whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour
to allow flavors to blend.
- Salad: Gently toss all ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Add dressing, and
toss to combine.
Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups).
Nutrition information per serving: 227 calories; 16g protein; 9g carbohydrate;
15g fat 2g saturated fat; 36mg cholesterol; 179mg sodium; 2g fiber
Food exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 fat
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.