Pasta Antipasto Salad
I adapted this recipe from one by JoAnna Lund. This hearty salad tastes so
good, no one knows that it's reduced fat and calories.
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups rotini, cooked and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package turkey salami, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- Mix 3/4 cup Italian dressing with mushrooms, olives, and peppers. Add tomatoes, salami, cheese, and artichoke hearts. Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup remaining dressing. Stir and serve.
Serving Ideas : A nice summer luncheon dish. Serve on a bed of lettuce, with crusty bread.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Bread, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat. 241 Calories
Can substitute turkey pepperoni for turkey salami.
Posted by Keplerkid at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Adapted from a Healthy Exchanges recipe by JoAnna Lund