Rosy Rhubarb Mold
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
or equivalent artificial sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Optional garnishes: lettuce leaves,
sliced strawberries, green grapes, sour cream and ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water, sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium
heat. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until rhubarb is tender; remove from heat.
in gelatin until dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and lemon juice.
- Chill until partially
- Fold in oranges and celery.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold or an 8-inch square dish that
has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold onto lettuce leaves or cut into squares.
- If desired, garnish with fruit
and serve with sour cream; sprinkle with nutmeg.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2 cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin
and artificial sweetener; calculated without garnishes) equals: 79 calories, 98
mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes