Sesame Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken without skin
- 1 (10
ounce) package torn mixed European-style or Italian-blend salad greens
- 1 (8 3/4
ounce) can whole baby corn, drained and halved crosswise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed, toasted*
shredded radish (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- Combine the chicken, salad greens, baby corn, green onions and radishes in a
large salad bowl.
- For Dressing, combine the orange juice, vinegar, oil, and pepper in a screw-top
jar. Cover and shake well.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days; shake before using.
- Transfer salad to individual bowls.
- To serve, pour dressing over salad
mixture, tossing lightly to coat.
- Sprinkle each serving with sesame seed.
with finely shredded radish and orange slices if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
* To toast sesame seeds, cook and stir in nonstick skillet over medium heat for
about 1 minute or just till lightly golden. Watch closely so they don't burn.
Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool completely.
Nutrition facts per serving: 154 cal., 7 g total fat (2 g sat. fat., 25 mg
calcium, 96 mg sodium, 6 g carb, 2 g fiber, 15 g pro
Food exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 2 meat, 1/2 fat