Tangy Apple Slaw
A take-off on the traditional creamy version of coleslaw. Chopped apples add
crunch and a hint of sweetness that is also enhanced by Equal.
45% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled
apple (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or green bell pepper strips
- 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon
* May substitute 4 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine cabbage, carrots, apple and pepper strips in medium size bowl.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, Equal, mustard, lemon juice and pepper
in small bowl; stir until well blended.
- Spoon Equal mixture over cabbage mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 1 to 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 152 cal., 2 g pro., 13 g carb., 11 g fat,
15 mg chol., 331 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 1/2 vegetable, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes