Thai Broccoli Salad
A spicy broccoli salad with lots of "crunch" from stir-fried vegetables,
that is easy to prepare and sure to become a favorite. Equal provides the hint of
sweetness that compliments the "heat."
14% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped
red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine peanut butter, Equal, hot water, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and
red pepper flakes until well blended; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bell
pepper, green onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 144 cal., 7 g pro., 10 g carb., 10 g fat,
0 mg chol., 248 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes