Three Bean Salad
A salad favorite updated and better for you with a 29% reduction in calories
from the traditional recipe and only 3 grams of fat per serving.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
(15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
* May substitute 4 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine vinegar, Equal, olive oil and seasonings; mix well.
- Stir in remaining
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 159 calories; 8 grams protein; 25 grams
carbohydrate; 3 grams sugar; 3 grams fat; 0 gram saturated fat; 0 milligrams cholesterol;
473 milligrams sodium; 9 grams fiber
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes