Marinated sweet-sour sliced zucchini, onions, and orange bell pepper are served
over salad greens for a refreshing salad with texture and appeal. The best part
is there are only 3 grams of fat per serving.
48% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram or tarragon, crushed (optional)
- 12 cups salad greens
- 6 arugula leaves, snipped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Cut zucchini into 1/8-inch slices. Mix together with onion and bell pepper. Set
- In a quart-size container with lid, combine vinegar, water, oil, Equal, salt,
pepper and marjoram. Pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon vegetables over salad greens using a slotted spoon. Top with bits of arugula
and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 71 cal., 2 g pro., 10 g carb., 3 g fat,
0 mg chol, 129 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit: Equal Sweetener
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes