Jamaican Curried Rice
This zesty flavored warm rice salad combines cooked rice with black
beans, red pepper, onions and pineapple. Lime juice and curry get
your attention and add that great island taste.
10% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
* May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Cook and stir bell pepper and onions 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir 30 seconds.
- Combine rice, Equal, lime juice and salt in medium size bowl. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture.
- Rice can be served warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1 cup): 207 calories; 5g protein; 34g carbohydrate; 8g sugar; 6g fat; 1g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 288mg sodium; 4g fiber
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.