Rainbow Peach Soup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard
seeds. Cover and refrigerate puree.
- Place peaches and lemon juice in the blender; cover and process until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl; stir in nectar, yogurt, sugar (if needed if fruit is tart) and
almond extract. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To garnish, drizzle 1 tablespoon raspberry puree in a 3-inch circle on top of
each serving. Use a wooden pick to draw six lines toward the center of circle, forming
Nutritional Analysis: One 1 cup serving equals: 129 calories, 42 mg sodium,
1 mg cholesterol, 31 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 1 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 skim milk