- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cup (14 1/2 ounce) low-sodium
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt added,
Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Add the tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes
or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach; heat through.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving equals: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Also 147 calories, 186 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate,
8 gm protein, 4 gm fat