Chicken Little Stuffed Eggs
Stuff some fun in deviled eggs. They've got the same great taste.
- 8 eggs
- 5 drops blue, red or green food color, if desired
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot dog relish
- Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
heat; simmer about 15 minutes.
- Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking. Peel eggs.
- In measuring cup or old coffee mug, combine 1/2 cup water and food color.
- Dip peeled eggs one at a time into mixture for several seconds until of
desired color. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut thin slice from wide bottom of each egg so it will stand straight. With
small sharp knife, cut off top of each egg about 1/3 of the way down, either
straight across or with small slanted cuts to make a sawtooth edge. Carefully
remove top portion and yolk; reserve tops. Place yolks in small bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and relish to yolks; mash and mix thoroughly with fork. With
small spoon, refill large section of egg with yolk mixture, heaping filling.
Top each with reserved top portion of egg.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):