Chocolate Bunny Bread (ABM)
- 2/3 cup milk (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate or peanut butter chips
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to bread machine pan. Process
on dough cycle. When complete, remove dough to floured surface. Divide dough
- BODY: Knead chocolate chips into one piece of the dough; form into ball.
Place on greased baking sheet; flatten to 5-inch round.
- HEAD: For 1/3 of remaining dough into ball. Flatten slightly; attach to
body by pinching together.
- NOSE: Pinch off 1/2-inch ball from remaining dough; place on head. Divide
remaining dough into 6 pieces.
- ARMS: Roll 2 pieces into balls and attach to each side of the body.
- FEET: Shape 2 pieces into 2-inch ropes.
- EARS: Shape remaining 2 pieces into 4-inch ropes and arrange above head,
tucking ends under head. Cover; let rise in warm place.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until done, tenting
with foil after 15 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Decorate as desired.